Friday, November 21, 2008

SideWalk Cafe


My friend Anton is a recent transplant to Los Angeles and I have taken it upon myself to show him the city and apparently my favorite burger joints. Yesterday, we went to the Venice Boardwalk and walked to the Santa Monica pier and BACK! And they say we don't walk either.

We ended up eating at the Sidewalk Cafe on the far end of the board walk. Its a bar with a restaurant portion outside. The patio is nice and heated with street performers providing music and conversation starters.

All of their burgers are named after famous authors and have pretty much every combination you can imagine. I highly recommend getting the Dylan Thomas with a fried egg on top. The bun is a little too thick on top but after I pick most of it off, it doesn't bother me.

And the fries are worth every calorie. Thin, crispy and delicious. Don't be tempted by your guilty conscience.

The cafe is a perfect place to share a pitcher of beer, eat a burger and watch the sunset through the palm trees. As Anton put it: "This is beautiful, Diana."

The Sidewalk Cafe and Bar
1401 Ocean Front Walk
Venice, CA 90291

Open
Daily 8 am - 11 pm

No comments: