Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Bay Cities

Number 12,13,14,15...

I have never been to Bay Cities when it wasn't packed. The sandwich case is always surrounded by people waiting for their number to be called. Once the number is called, he or she jumps to attention not wanting to miss the opportunity for the best sandwich in Los Angeles.

This Italian deli and grocery was introduced to me in high school when lunch time trips became an almost weekly thing. The parking is always a bitch in their tiny parking lot so I recommend parking else where and (I know) WALKING to the deli. Then grab an number and wait. Personally the wait is shortened by people watching and the large amount of people I went to high school with who apparently always eat there.

Then order either a Godmother or a Caprese with the works. Personally I wash it down with a Jones Blue Bubble Gum Soda. But thats just me...

Bay Cities Italian Deli
Open Tuesday - Saturday 9 am - 7 pm, Sunday 9 am - 6 pm
1517 Lincoln Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401

No comments: