Wednesday, December 3, 2008

7 Grand

This holiday weekend, my brother and I bonded over Maker's Mark Old Fashions and billiards downtown at the bar 7 Grand. Named after its location (7th and Grand) the bar features beautiful dark wood, places to sit, bartenders who know what they are doing, pool and an juke box, which sounded like my ipod random shuffle on its best days.

This was my first Old Fashion inspired by Mad Men's Don Draper's drink of choice. It was delicious and made with real Oranges zested before my eyes. The drinks are around 10 dollars which isn't the best but not bad. I wouldn't come here for a night of heavy drinking. Also this is a whiskey/bourbon bar. Don't be a dick and order a vodka drink. Dick.

The crowd was a mix between Hollywood hip (the later the evening got, the more headbands I saw) and the downtown collar shirt lawyer types. I felt pretty comfortable there in my skinny jeans and oversized sweater.

Most of all I was impressed by the staff of the place. The bouncer was fun and joking, a security guard helped me with the pool table by shinning his flashlight for me, the bus boys were nice and the bartenders were so good at what they did, I feel in love. Also I want to be a bartender there, the girls wear cute pleated skirts.

7 Grand
515 W 7th Street
2nd Floor
Downtown, LA 90014

Monday to Friday
5 pm - 2 am
Saturday & Sunday
7 pm - 2 am

No comments: