Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Mustard Seed Cafe


I joined a friend of mine for lunch today at the Mustard Seed Cafe. Part of Gourmet Row, the cafe is competing with the Alcove, Home and a bunch of other delicious restaurants but the Mustard Seed seems to maintain something special.

It doesn't have the best food. Sometimes it throws some weird combinations into the mix. My friend ordered the Grilled Vegetable and Goat Cheese melt and got some grilled carrots, which didn't blend with the goat cheese and got a salad of pure red cabbage but I got the recommended rosemary turkey burger and enjoyed that completely.

The service can be off and on. Our waitress was really nice but a bit overwhelmed. The place is small and on a Sunday, can be pretty stressed.

However, I love the mustard seed and will definitely go back. I don't really know why but the place makes me smile and its definitely my favorite brunch place on Hillhurst. Check it out but maybe on an off day.

The Mustard Seed Cafe
1948 Hillhurst Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323) 660-0670

Hours:
Mon-Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sat-Sun. 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

No comments: