Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ramayani

With a visit from my grandmother and her new husband Bill, my family ventured to Ramayani, an Indonesian cuisine restaurant in Westwood in operation since 1983. Despite everyone in Los Angeles visiting their families elsewhere (I'm a rare native LA breed), the restaurant was hopping.

Probably a better take-out place, than sit down restaurant, we were greeted with some confusion and frustration when we wanted a table for five. The service was slow and we never were sure who our waiter was. But the food was delicious and new.

Bill who spent time in Indonesian said the food was sub-par but I enjoyed my noodle and chicken dish. My dad probably lucked out with his lemon grass soup and lamb stew.

If you live near the area, call ahead and pick it up. You won't be disappointed.

Ramayani
1777 Westwood Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90024
Tuesday to Sunday 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
Closed Mondays
310 477 3315

No comments: